1 nonparticipation in a dispute or war
2 tolerance attributable to a lack of involvement [syn: disinterest]
3 pH value of 7
- The state or quality of being neutral; the condition of being
unengaged in contests between others; state of taking no part on
either side; indifference.
- "Men who possess a state of neutrality in times of public danger, desert the interest of their fellow subjects." -Addison.
- Indifference in quality; a state neither very good nor bad. [Obs.] Donne.
- : The quality or state of being neutral.
- (International Law): The condition of a nation or government which refrains from taking part, directly or indirectly, in a war between other powers.
- Those who are neutral; a combination of neutral powers or states.
- Neutral country, in politics, is a country that takes no side in a conflict
- Neutral gear, in a motor vehicle gearbox, where no gear ratios are selected
- Neutral level, in semiotics, is the physical or material creation of esthesic and poietic processes
- Neutral Nation, a group of Native Americans
- Neutral territory, territory belonging to no one sovereign state.
- Neutrality of money, in economics, the notion that a change in the money supply has no real effects
- Network neutrality
- The neutral wire of ground and neutral in mains wiring
- Neutral, an alignment in the role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons
- In chemistry, a neutral solution is neither acidic nor basic, see pH
- In language study, the neuter gender, see grammatical gender
- Neutral particle
- Neutral colors
- "Neutral point of view", a stance or tone that is free from bias. It can be abbreviated as NPOV. See Objectivity
- Neutral Records, a record label
- The principle of neutrality is a humanitarian principle which governs humanitarian response
- In statistics, a multivariate random variable is neutral if it exhibits a particular type of statistical independence seen when considering the Dirichlet distribution
- In ecology, organisms are neutral if they obey the Unified neutral theory of biodiversity.
neutrality in Czech: Neutrální
neutrality in German: Neutral
neutrality in French: Neutralité
neutrality in Dutch: Neutraal
neutrality in Polish: Neutralność
neutrality in Portuguese: Neutro
neutrality in Simple English: Neutral
Laodiceanism, Olympian detachment, a wise passiveness, abnegation, abstinence, avoidance, avoiding reaction, calm, calmness, chill, chilliness, circumvention, coldness, conservatism, constraint, contemplation, contemplative life, continence, control, cool, coolness, defense mechanism, detachment, disinterest, disinterestedness, dispassion, dispassionateness, do-nothing policy, do-nothingism, do-nothingness, dodge, dormancy, duck, elusion, elusiveness, equitability, equivocation, escape, evasion, evasive action, evasiveness, evenhandedness, evenness, fairness, fervorlessness, forbearance, forestalling, forestallment, frostiness, gentleness, getting around, golden mean, halfheartedness, happy medium, iciness, idleness, immobility, impartiality, inaction, inactivity, indifference, indifferentism, indifferentness, indolence, inertia, inertness, insipidity, jink, judiciousness, juste-milieu, justness, laissez-aller, laissez-faire, laissez-faireism, lenity, loftiness, lukewarmness, meden agan, meditation, middle way, mildness, moderateness, moderation, moderationism, neuterness, neutralism, neutralness, nonintervention, noninvolvement, nonparticipation, nonresistance, nonviolence, nonviolent resistance, nothing in excess, objectivity, pacifism, paralysis, passive resistance, passive self-annihilation, passiveness, passivism, passivity, perfunctoriness, policy, prevention, procrastination, prudence, quiescence, quietism, refraining, repose, restraint, self-abnegation, self-control, self-denial, self-restraint, selflessness, serenity, shunning, shunting off, shy, sidestep, sidetracking, slip, sobriety, stability, stagnancy, stagnation, standpattism, stasis, steadiness, temperance, temperateness, tepidness, the runaround, tranquillity, unbias, unbiasedness, unexcessiveness, unextravagance, unextremeness, unopinionatedness, unprejudicedness, unselfishness, vapidity, vegetation, via media, vita contemplativa, waiting game, watching and waiting, zeallessness, zigzag